Saturday, February 6, 2010

Most Excellent Cat Scratching Post

I've had a cat scratching post for our cats forever. They loved the one on the back porch that was a limb off our peach tree. I also had a really nice carpeted one that we had inside. No one ever used it much. I read that cats don't like carpet to scratch on, so on her outside climber I turned the carpet inside and left the backing out. Ehh.
Finally last month I took off the carpet on the inside post and just left the bare 3x3 wood. Bella the cat was much more interested and actually used it but I could tell that she still wasn't thrilled. Today I finally wrapped it in sisel rope. I showed Bella how it worked and she came over and gave it a half hearted try. When she actually got her claws into it she gave me this surprised look and then really dug in and gave me a cat grin! Then she was exhausted and is still taking a nap. We'll see how it really plays tonight. Maybe Barbara will get her wish that we can take the towels off the chairs and Bella won't keep using them for cat scratching posts.
Stay tuned..;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment